So what exactly were my highs and lows of this past year? It’s a little hard to say. I feel like this past year was fairly steady, with not too many peaks or plummets — which is a good thing. Boring is never bad.
There are, however, a few moments that still stick out, so I guess those are what I’ll share with you today.
- Getting asked to work for a major newspaper
- Seeing One Direction in concert on my birthday
- Getting the best Epcot mug ever from my parents’ trip to Disney
- Getting asked to write for a moderately sized magazine
- Dropping my advanced econometrics class and sticking it to my evil professor
- Finishing my spring semester with all A’s
- Finishing my sophomore year in general
- Watching the Pens win another Cup
- Finally seeing BTS in concert
- Generally making lots of new friends and having lots of people continue to like my writing
- Realizing that the newspaper was a misogynist organization and being forced to quit in order to maintain my sanity
- Not getting to go on my parents’ trip to Disney 😦
- Not being asked to continue writing for the magazine once my time there was up
- Finishing my fall semester knowing I had all A’s but then checking my final grades only to see that I apparently bombed my econometrics final and thus dropped to a B in the class TTTTTTTTTT
- Being harassed by my advanced econometrics professor to the point where I had to withdraw from the course and drop from an econ major to a minor simply in order to avoid him
- My sophomore year in general
All in all, not too bad, and hopefully next year will be even better.
Talk to you all again later.